This limestone barn was built in 1856. In the 1880s draft horses, bred by Dr. Bevington, were housed in the stone barn. During the first seven months of 1889, thirty-five train carloads of twenty horses each (seven hundred in all, at an average of $125 per horse) were shipped out of Madison County to eastern markets. Some of Dr. Bevington’s horses were undoubtedly included in these shipments.

936913_10151453967493806_1332679783_n